Update 24 March 2020
Following the directive from the Government yesterday evening we have taken the difficult decision to close the receptions completely from 6pm this evening for three weeks. Our priority during this testing time is to protect the wellbeing of the Space Station staff as much as possible by removing them from potential exposure. We understand that this will cause disruption to some of our customers, but we have to balance this with our social responsibility and Government Directive to stay home to ensure essential services are protected.
We all have a great social responsibility right now not to travel unless it is absolutely necessary so unless it is imperative, we would urge you to stay at home and not visit our stores.
Please see our Frequently Asked Questions which we hope will help you:
1. Who do I contact if I have a problem?
Please either email the store or if urgent you can phone the store. Our existing customers will find the email addresses on any previous correspondence. The store phones will be answered as usual, during office hours. You will be able to see the number on each store’s page or on the store listings page here
2. Can I still rent a unit?
Yes, you can rent a unit, but only one with 24/7 access. The earliest you will be able to access your unit is the day after contracts are signed. The free removal service is still currently available, but it is very limited. Currently this service is not available in our Kings Heath store.
3. Can I gain access to my unit in the next 3 weeks?
Yes, but only if you have a unit with 24/7 access.
By exception, if you are providing essential goods/services as described in the Government Directive issued on 23rd March, we may be able to provide limited access by appointment only. Alternatively we can transfer you to a 24/7 access unit, at the same store or a store nearby, subject to availability. We can transfer your goods, but please be aware that our removal slots are very limited and it may take up to a week. Alternatively, if you can make your own arrangements to transfer your goods, please contact us first to organise.
4. I have already reserved a unit / given notice to vacate.
What are my options? If you have reserved a unit, you can still move in to a 24/7 access room (which will be offered at the price you reserved at). Alternatively we can reschedule your move-in date beyond the three week closure.
If you have given notice to vacate and you are in a 24/7 unit, you can vacate as planned, provided your account is paid up to date. If you do not have 24/7 access, you will have to vacate today or wait until we re-open.
5. I have deliveries booked to arrive over the next few weeks – who will accept them?
At this time, we are not able to accept deliveries. Certain exceptions may be given for customers providing essential goods/services (as described above), but this must be agreed and will be by appointment only.
Wednesday 18 March 2020
- We are already carrying out a deep clean in all our stores twice daily to try to prevent the spread of the virus as much as possible, including all customer areas such as keypads, doors, trolleys and lifts; this will continue for as long as needed.
From this Friday 20 March, we are taking the additional following measures:
- Receptions will be closed to customers and visitors; no face-to-face contact or retail sales will be available. If you need to contact us, please call us or email. We will try to reply to you as soon as we can, but please do bear with us if we are not as quick as usual.
- We will no longer be open on Thursday evenings.
- Customers renting storage units with 24/7 access will still be able to access the unit as usual.
- Customers without 24/7 access will be issued a new PIN number to allow access during the standard opening hours only.
- Some store services will be suspended; we will be unable to offer forklifting services or accept and sign for deliveries. Small deliveries can be left in the loading bay for customers to collect provided that your supplier will leave deliveries unsigned. If you are expecting large deliveries, please ask your supplier to send goods on a vehicle with a tail-lift and you must make arrangements to be on-site to receive them.
- In the unlikely event that we have to close one of our stores, only the customers with 24/7 access codes will be able to access their storage units. We will contact the affected customers by email if that happens.
To move into your new storage unit, please contact your preferred store to complete the licence agreement by email. Our team members will explain the process of accessing your unit and the removal service.
Tuesday 17 March 2020
To prioritise the health and wellbeing of our employees and customers, we are taking some extra precautions in our stores:
- We will be cleaning all communal touchpoints twice per day: keypads, door handles, trolleys, bathrooms etc.
- We have a stock of disposable gloves available for your use, please ask in reception if you would like a pair.
- There is no need to sign-in for the time being.
- Whilst we are happy to still accept deliveries on your behalf, to minimise any potential contamination, we will not be signing for their acceptance.
- If you have not yet reserved or moved into your storage unit, please note that you can complete and sign the storage agreement remotely via e-sign; please contact your local store to arrange this. If you have booked our removals team, they will collect your goods from your property and put them away in your storage unit, meaning you do not have to visit us at all if that is your preference.
We continue to monitor the situation and Government’s public health guidance closely and will communicate anything that will have an impact on your store.
Thank you for your co-operation,
Your Space Station Team