It might feel strange to trust a third party with your property and valuables, and some people understandably might have concerns about how safe and secure they are.
At Space Station, keeping our customers’ goods secure is our number one priority. Thousands of people trust us with their property every day, so we do everything we can to make sure we can offer peace of mind.
This means much more than offering a high-strength, lockable unit for your goods: we also invest heavily in the design and technology of the facility itself, and in the people who keep it safe.
Here are some of the ways Space Station helps to keep your goods where they belong: safely under lock and key!
- Only you have the key to your unit. We don’t even keep spare copies of the keys on-site, so there’s no danger of one falling into the wrong
- Our sites have secure perimeters and exterior nightlights. We use high fencing to prevent unauthorised access to the site itself, and good illumination
helps to deter any would-be criminals from trying to get in.
- Our secure storage units are exactly that – secure. We use strong doors, walls and locks, and many have wire grilles on the ceiling to defend against even the most persistent intruders.
- Our sites have either PIN and or key lock access and electric gates to gain entry. Not just anyone can get in – only the people who are supposed to be there.
- We keep our facilities in good repair. Anything like a broken window or a damaged door signals to thieves that people aren’t paying attention to the site. We combat this by rigorously carrying out any necessary repairs as quickly as possible.
- We protect our sites with CCTV. CCTV covers the main access points and is remotely monitored. Should the worst happen, CCTV footage can provide evidence for the police to use.
- We use smoke detectors and fire alarms at all our sites. We don’t just defend against intruders – we do all we can to protect your goods against
an outbreak of fire too.
- We can arrange insurance for you. Every responsible storage company will require customers to have some kind of insurance. Our policies are highly competitive because they’re designed specifically with secure storage facilities in mind.
We understand if you still have some concerns – and if you want to find out for yourself just how safe your possessions are with us, we invite you to come
to one of our facilities for a quick tour. Our staff will be happy to walk you through all the security measures we use and give you advice on padlocks
and storage techniques to ensure your goods are right where you left them when you return.
Unfortunately, burglaries are not uncommon in the UK – according to the latest crime figures, as many as one in 50 households suffer a break-in every year. Naturally, you’re much more likely to be targeted if you live in a high-crime area.
While good home security can certainly work wonders, it can’t match the peace of mind offered by a manned, floodlit site that’s secure by design. If you’re keeping valuables in your home, such as jewellery or antiques, you could invest in costly burglar alarms, door and window grilles and safes - or you could simply pack them up and deposit them in a self-storage unit for as little as a few pounds a week.