Going through a breakup can be a difficult time, both financially and emotionally. As well as having to deal with the end of a relationship, many Brits are also left with financial problems as a result. ..Read more
With the UK throwing away seven billion tonnes of food annually - an average of around £470 per household - it’s clear that we could all do with a bit of education when it comes to storing food safely. ..Read more
Red wine is produced, consumed and enjoyed across the world, and is loved for its ability to be drank alongside a meal, or simply by itself. ..Read more
Here at Space Station, we understand that school holidays can be an expensive time. With parents spending an average of £300* per school holiday on taking their children out for activities such as the cinema, bowling or play centres, the costs can really add up. ..Read more
Here at Space Station, we know the importance of a clean, tidy living space - but just how sanitary are our homes? ..Read more
Our office shredder was around long before anyone had heard of Google, Facebook or Twitter - in fact, it was even around before the Internet itself. But it’s still alive and kicking in our office - we use it every day without fail - and we have done since 1990. ..Read more
In the UK we like to keep hold of things. Many of our possessions have strong sentimental value, many of us keep collectables, and we all keep things that we might not need (or have room for) now, but that may come in handy in the future. ..Read more
In the wake of a devastating fire that occurred at a self-storage facility in Croydon on New Year’s Eve 2018, we would like to reassure our customers of the security measures we have in place to help prevent such disasters. ..Read more
Champagne is undoubtedly one of the most popular drinks in the world, with people toasting a glass of celebratory bubbles at weddings, parties, birthdays and special events. ..Read more
- New research finds Brits spend 14 hours a week cleaning but could save hundreds of hours AND make money through just one annual ‘Spring Clean’
- New research has revealed that over half (51%) of Brits NEVER ‘spring clean’ their homes
- More than a third of Brits opt for frequent, ad-hoc cleaning instead , spending an average of 14 hours each week on this
- Cleaning expert Lynsey “Queen of Clean” Crombie believes a yearly spring clean improves organisation and productivity, saving time in the long run ..
It’s the thing we once dreaded as children, but now we’re adults it’s not any easier! Cleaning your room can often be a laborious task, and finding the time, and energy, to do so can often seem impossible. ..Read more
When it comes to storing items properly in our homes, many of us have had very little education on the matter apart from the essentials, and we’re even more clueless when it comes to items with specific use by dates. ..Read more
We are all guilty of leaving paperwork around our homes and not remembering where we put it, and despite us living in a digital age, paperwork is still very important. ..Read more
According to research, it is estimated that there are 4.2 million home-based workers in the UK. This is nearly a quarter of a million more than the previous 10 years and works out at around one in seven of the people currently in work.
Experts agree that when it comes to working from home, personalising your home office - with anything from inventive storage creations to feature walls - can help to unleash creativity and boost morale upon even the most gruelling days ‘at work’. ..
Last year, the world was made aware of the impact that plastics are having on our environment by David Attenborough’s Blue Planet 2 documentary. As a result, we were inspired to try to live sustainably to save our planet, but what exactly is sustainable living and how can we incorporate this into our daily lives? ..Read more
With the end of winter in sight, many Brits will be turning their attention to a spring clean of their home. Decluttering unwanted items is a great place to start, but could you be throwing away a small fortune? ..Read more
Many of us accumulate items over the years that we no longer need, but when does our hoarding become too much and what can we do to stop it? ..Read more
Welcome to the Summer edition of The Edit – time is flying by and we’re already over half way through 2018! We’ve been busy as usual so here’s what’s been happening and what’s coming up…
- How the cost of upsizing varies across the UK
- Ten ways to increase the value of your property
- How to organise your storage space to ensure cohabiting harmony?
- Creating ample storage space in a small apartment
- Room for improvement: How much space and storage is on offer in homes across the country?
- The packing advice you need to know before your next house move
- How to Preserve Furniture in Storage
- Gym, office, classroom? Five steps for a flexible living and working space
- Declutter your wardrobe in 5 simple steps
- 7 Ways to Make A Small Home Feel Bigger