Once you have moved house, it seems like there are an awful lot of things to be done to get everything running smoothly. Save time with this simple checklist to make sure you don’t forget anything:
1. Make sure your Gas/Electric/Water suppliers have your correct contact details and date you moved into your home. Also check the readings of all your meters as soon as you take possession of your new house.
2. Set up your phone line and Internet connection.
3. Make sure your TV license for your new property is in your name.
4. Inform the council re payment of your council tax and voting options.
5. Find out where the water shut off (stopcock) and electricity main circuit breaker is - in case of any emergencies.
Other things that will need doing reasonably quickly are:
• Make sure your banks, driving license, car registration, car insurance, home insurance and any other policies have your updated contact details.
• Test any smoke detectors (if you do not have any, fit some!).
• Discover what all the keys are that you have been left by the previous owners, and if you feel it is required, have your main door locks changed.
• Finally, don’t forget to let all your friends and family know your new address and home phone number!
We are always happy to answer any questions about removals, just contact us on 0800 051 7699 if you’d like to talk to us about moving house in any of the following areas:
|Removals Brentford||Removals Slough|
|Removals Chiswick||Removals Uxbridge|
|Removals Ealing||Removals West Drayton|
|Removals Isleworth||Removals West London|
Click now to find out more about our removals service.