Work with us
Caretaker (North London region)
A new opportunity working across 3 sites in North London (including Swiss Cottage, St John’s Wood and Cricklewood). This is full-time, 40 hours per week per week role.Please see the Job Description, Responsibilities and Primary terms below. If you are interested in this role, please send your CV with a covering letter to Sarah at email@example.com.
- Job title
- Caretaker (north London region)
- Responsible to
- Duty Manager
- Job purpose
Working across 3 sites in North London (including Swiss Cottage, St John’s Wood and Cricklewood) ensure the premises are maintained to a very high standard, and to carry out any other work requested by the Duty/Store Manager. To maintain the smooth running of the stores.
- Clean and maintain all storage units, (internal and external units and areas) cleaning corridors, units, reception, kitchen, offices, toilet areas;
- Painting all floors and walls, cleaning windows, and ad hoc duties;
- Litter picking and ensuring cleanliness of external yard, perimeter fence and building(s) at all times;
- Maintaining the yard and building through planned maintenance programme;
- Checking and securing the Store and yard first thing each morning and before close each evening;
- Checking the health and safety of the building and yard regularly;
- Liaising with clients in a professional manner;
- Effectively completing daily check sheets and administration as required;
- Assisting Property Manager with any construction/project work;
- Operating the fork lift once certificated.
- Working primarily at the appointed North London Stores (NW8 and NW2), but will be required to work at any other store to meet business needs;
- Working a day shift pattern to cover the opening hours of the store to include some weekend and bank holiday working;
- Full-time, 40 hours per week (rota includes weekend working);
- Starting salary £21,405.91 (£10.29 per hour), plus £2,000 p.a. London Weighting;
- Great bonus scheme;
- 28 days holiday, which includes Bank Holidays;
- Contributory pension scheme;
- Private medical insurance after qualifying period, and subject to eligibility.
- Staff discount on storage and retail products (30% discount on storage and 50% discount on retail packaging);
- Perkbox – employee ‘free perks’ scheme, which includes a free ‘Tastecard’, phone insurance, and discounts on cinema, major supermarkets, and much more.
- Training and development programme;
- Additional benefits after qualifying period, including : a day off and gift for your birthday, Christmas hamper, length of service award, medical insurance for your family and a generous maternity and paternity package.
- Professional manner at all times, with high standards;
- Must drive and have own vehicle to travel between sites (the Caretaker will also be responsible for regular stock runs from Slough – a company vehicle will be used to carry the stock, but the Caretaker will need to drive to and from the store in Slough);
- Must be able to work weekends and bank holidays.