Work with us
Customer Sales Advisor, Thames Valley (Slough and Uxbridge)
Please see the Job Description, Responsibilities and Primary terms below. If you are interested in this role, please send your CV with a covering letter to Sarah at email@example.com.
- Job Title
- Customer Sales Advisor
- Thames Valley (Slough and Uxbridge)
- Starting Salary
- Lone working and key holding responsibility
- Job Purpose
As part of a small team, sell high-end storage, providing excellent customer service whilst maintaining superb standards.
- Protecting our Staff is our Priority
To ensure staff safety we provide PPE (facemasks, gloves and sanitiser), the reception area is limited to one customer, the desk is protected by a plastic screen and transactions are paperless. In line with Covid restrictions, we have limited the number of staff on site each day, so some working from home will be required. All necessary equipment (including a laptop and headset) is provided.
We are looking for a confident team player who has high standards and the ability and desire to sell. The ideal candidate likes variety (working hours, days and location will vary) has excellent communication skills and can provide exceptional customer service. The role requires someone who is organised, self-motivated, and can manage their time effectively. A good level of numeracy is also necessary in this role.
Shifts will vary week to week, with a mixture of working on-site and from home. When working on site, staff are required to complete the daily cleaning/maintenance programme. This will include some light lifting, forklifting for customers (training will be provided) and light maintenance. When working from home the focus is on sales and administration; staff must have a suitable working space and broadband connection.
The key aspects of the role are converting sales, administration and maintaining site standards. Storage experience is not necessary. Candidates who are always looking for new and better ways of doing things are welcomed in this role.
Space Station was founded by Alastair Caldwell in 1983. In 2020 the company was acquired by Heitman LLC (a global real estate investment management firm) with the objective of growing the Space Station brand. We currently have 10 sites across London, Berkshire and Birmingham. We pride ourselves on our core values and always strive to be Friendly, Helpful, Reliable, Trustworthy and Professional in all our interactions, with each other and with our customers. Delivering standards of excellence is our vision at Space Station, and we look after our staff, so they can deliver the best possible experience to our customers.
- Sell storage space and ensure the customer has all relevant information to make an informed decision, by explaining the features and benefits and price solutions.
- Achieve sales targets by maximising all sales opportunities. This will include responding and following up on customer enquiries, overcoming objections, upselling our retail products and closing sales wherever possible.
- Provide a high level of customer service at all times ensuring Space Station’s values are maintained.
- Reviewing and prioritising the tasks for the day, dealing with new enquiries, completing contracts and debt chasing.
- Additional administration required when liaising with the removals contractor, including using the removals calendar.
Cleaning / General Maintenance
- Maintain and clean the whole site ensuring excellent standards are kept. Tasks include: twice daily cleaning programme (when assigned to the warehouse), forklifting (site dependent) and some light maintenance.
- Create brand awareness, by promoting the store in the local community. This may include liaising with local shops and businesses, networking and organising local events. All employees are encouraged to present their marketing ideas.
- Reconcile cash, credit card, Direct Debit and BACS payments. Complete petty cash float checks on a daily basis.
- Upsell wherever appropriate, for standard retail and hire crates.
- As part of our Corporate Social Responsibility commitment, all Space Station employees are required to spend 1% of their working time (around 2 hours per month) volunteering/raising funds for chosen/local charities. This time is paid.
- 40 hours, working a day shift pattern to cover the opening hours of the store. Stores are open 7 days a week, including bank holidays, so there will be regular weekend working.
- 30 days holiday, which includes Bank Holidays.
- Great bonus scheme.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Private medical insurance after qualifying period, and subject to eligibility.
- Staff discount on storage and retail products.
- Perkbox – employee ‘free perks’ scheme, which includes discounts on many high street retailers, cinema tickets, and much more.
- Training and development programme. The majority of our training programme will be provided remotely via video conference.
- Additional benefits after qualifying period, including: a day off and gift for your birthday, Christmas hamper, length of service award and a generous maternity and paternity package.
Please note that this job description is a summary of typical functions of the job, and not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all job responsibilities, tasks and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job.