Work with us
Duty Manager – Kings Heath
We are recruiting for a Duty Manager at our Kings Heath store in Birmingham. This is a full-time, permanent role.
Duty Manager assists the Store Manager to develop and sustain effective management activities that maximise sales & profit targets within the store, provides optimum customer service and ensures compliance of all company and legislative procedures and policies.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV with a covering letter to Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job title
- Duty Manager
- Responsible to
- Store Manager
- Job purpose
Assist the Store Manager to develop and sustain effective management activities that maximise sales & profit targets within the store, provide optimum customer service and ensure compliance of all company and legislative procedures and policies.
- Assist the Store Manager with the development and growth of every aspect of the store; taking full responsibility during
the managers absence;
- Assist the Store Manager to ensure all revenue and growth targets are achieved; taking full responsibility during the
- Assist the Store Manager to take effective control of all costs within reasonable jurisdiction; taking full responsibility
during the managers absence;
- Assist with the creation and implementation of effective marketing plans, monitoring and reviewing results at regular
- Maintain high level of customer service by sustaining a service culture where the customer is the priority and monitoring
customer satisfaction levels;
- Maintain effective administration of the store so that company systems, policies and procedures are adhered to at all
- Assist the Store Manager to train, develop and sustain staff within the store to ensure standards are maintained to
the highest level at all times;
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment for both staff and customers.
- As part of our Corporate Social Responsibility commitment, all Space Station employees are required to spend 1% of
their working time (around 2 hours per month) volunteering/raising funds for chosen/local charities. This
time is paid.
- Working primarily at the relevant store but will be required to work at any other store to meet business needs;
- Working a day shift pattern to cover the opening hours of the store to include some weekend and bank holiday working;
- Usually forty hours per week but whatever hours are required to ensure the smooth running of the Store;
- Starting salary: £23,806 per annum;
- 30 days holiday, which includes Bank Holidays;
- Great bonus scheme;
- Contributory pension scheme;
- Private medical insurance after qualifying period, and subject to eligibility.
- Staff discount on storage and retail products (30% discount on storage and 50% discount on retail packaging);
- Perkbox – employee ‘free perks’ scheme, which includes a free ‘Tastecard’, phone insurance, and discounts on cinema, major
supermarkets, and much more.
- Training and development programme;
- Additional benefits after qualifying period, including : a day off and gift for your birthday, Christmas hamper, length of service award, medical insurance for your family and a generous maternity and paternity package.