Work with us
IT Engineer, Slough (Head Office)
Please see the Job Description, Responsibilities and Primary terms below. If you are interested in this role, please send your CV with a covering letter to Sarah at email@example.com.
- Job Title
- IT Engineer
- Responsible to
- Finance Manager
- Slough (Head Office)
- Some travel will be required
- Starting Salary
- £39,999 pa (plus bonus)
- Job Purpose
To ensure the smooth running of the computer systems at Space Station, and ensure users get the maximum benefits from them. To monitor, manage and maintain the computer systems and network. Assist the Finance Manager in IT projects including a review and update of the current IT systems.
The role requires someone who is organised, can manage their time effectively, and has the ability to think logically. You should have excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with clients to establish what the problem is and explain the solution. Candidates who are always looking for new and better ways of doing things are welcomed in this role.
Technically, you should have strong networking, MS and programming skills including advanced SQL.
Space Station was founded by Alastair Caldwell in 1983. In 2020 the company was acquired by Heitman (a global real estate investment management firm) with the objective of growing the Space Station brand. We currently have 11 sites across London, Berkshire, Shropshire and Birmingham. We pride ourselves on our core values and always strive to be Friendly, Helpful, Reliable, Trustworthy and Professional in all our interactions, with each other and with our customers. Delivering standards of excellence is our vision at Space Station, and we look after our staff, so they can deliver the best possible experience to our customers.
Space Station embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
- Diagnose hardware and software faults and solve technical and applications problems, either over the phone or in person.
- Create Space Manager (CRM system) and other relevant reports as required.
- Setting up new users' accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues.
- Removing leavers from the appropriate systems.
- Responding within agreed time limits to call-outs.
- Prioritising and managing many open cases at one time.
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Complete a health check for all IT equipment in the company, to be monitored and reviewed regularly.
- Replacing IT equipment and parts as required.
- Testing and evaluating new technology.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
- Troubleshooting system and network problems.
- Key contact for software support providers (including Radical and Avante), and rapidly establishing a good working relationship.
- Create and maintain an IT equipment inventory.
- Ensure all IT procedures are reviewed and up to date.
- Liaise with Finance Department before purchasing any unauthorised equipment or software.
IT Projects/New Sites
- Working alongside the Finance Manager and IT Consultants, identify and manage the successful integration of a new Accounting/Finance/HR Information system, ensuring it links into the bespoke CRM (Space Manager).
- Streamline the current IT systems and create a role specific dashboard which displays relevant data/statistics for each role.
- Integrate all systems to allow for single login.
- As part of our Corporate Social Responsibility commitment, all Space Station employees are required to spend 1% of their working time (around 2 hours per month) volunteering/raising funds for chosen/local charities. This time is paid.
- Working primarily at Head Office (Slough) but some travel to other Space Station sites will be necessary.
- Working full-time, five days per week (to include some weekend working).
- 30 days holiday, which includes Bank Holidays.
- Great bonus scheme.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Private medical insurance after qualifying period, and subject to eligibility.
- Staff discount on storage and retail products.
- Perkbox – employee ‘free perks’ scheme, which includes discounts on many high street retailers, cinema tickets, and much more.
- Training and development programme.
- Additional benefits after qualifying period, including: a day off and gift for your birthday, Christmas hamper, length of service award and a generous maternity and paternity package.
Please note that this job description is a summary of typical functions of the job, and not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all job responsibilities, tasks and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job.