Work with us
Marketing Assistant, Slough
Please see the Job Description, Responsibilities and Primary terms below. If you are interested in this role, please send your CV with a covering letter to Sarah at email@example.com.
- Job Title
- Marketing Assistant (Part-time, 20 hours per week)
- Slough (Head Office)
- Starting Salary
- £11,440 (£11 per hour)
- Responsible to
- Marketing Manager
- Job Purpose
Combine marketing and social media skills to build and enhance the Space Station brand. Take full responsibility for Space Station local marketing, manage the company’s charity initiative, and provide administrative support to the Marketing Manager.
We are looking for someone with a background in marketing and social media, through either experience or a Marketing/Business degree. The role requires someone who is organised, a confident communicator with a high attention to detail. This is a multi-faceted role which involves dealing with a variety of responsibilities; so a self-starter who can prioritise, work independently and manage their day effectively will enjoy this position.
The key aspects of the role are promoting Space Station through original social media content and managing the local marketing and charity initiative. Candidates who look for new and better ways of doing things will be welcomed in this role.
As a long-established, family-owned company, in the last 35+ years our business has grown from strength to strength. Founded by Alastair Caldwell in 1983, we now have 10 sites across London, Berkshire and Birmingham. We pride ourselves on our core values and always strive to be Friendly, Helpful, Reliable, Trustworthy and Professional in all our interactions, with each other and with our customers. Delivering standards of excellence is our vision at Space Station, and we look after our staff, so they can deliver the best possible experience to our customers.
- Create, plan and manage Space Station’s social media strategy;
- Ensure all communication meets the company brand guidelines, standards and tone of voice;
- Track, evaluate and report regularly on social media communications.
- Provide administration support to the Marketing Manager, including:
- Implementing a calendar to manage content and plan specific campaigns
- Organising and managing the marketing materials and filing system
- Updating reports and monitoring key metrics and trends
- Review and update online content to ensure accuracy at all times
- Plan and manage the email strategy
- General office administration
- Approve proposed press releases and earned media campaigns;
- Manage and coordinate the Space Station charity initiative.
- Create the biannual company newsletter;
- Liaise with external consultants and suppliers to ensure accurate representation of Space Station at all times.
- Responsible for the local marketing budget;
- Liaise with internal local marketing team;
- Quarterly meetings with the local marketing team to review results and discuss new ideas;
- Create adverts and leaflets as required, following the brand guidelines and ensure stores have sufficient marketing stocks available;
- Liaise with the external design team to provide leaflets and marketing materials;
- Research and suggest promotional merchandise, liaising with the supplier to provide merchandise.
- As part of our Corporate Social Responsibility commitment, all Space Station employees are required to spend 1% of their working time (around 2 hours per month) volunteering/raising funds for chosen/local charities. This time is paid.
- Working primarily at the Head Office in Slough; some travel between sites is expected;
- 20 hours per week (Monday to Friday, 4 hours per day), includes some bank holiday working;
- Starting salary: £11,440 (£11 per hour);
- 32 days holiday (pro-rata), which includes Bank Holidays;
- Great bonus scheme;
- Contributory pension scheme;
- Private medical insurance after qualifying period, and subject to eligibility.
- Staff discount on storage and retail products;
- Perkbox – employee ‘free perks’ scheme, which includes discounts on many high street retailers, cinema tickets, and much more;
- Training and development programme;
- Additional benefits after qualifying period, including: a day off and gift for your birthday, Christmas hamper, length of service award and a generous maternity and paternity package.
Please note that this job description is a summary of typical functions of the job, and not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all job responsibilities, tasks and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job.