Work with us
Multi-Site Manager, West London (Chiswick, Brentford and Isleworth)
Please see the Job Description, Responsibilities and Primary terms below. If you are interested in this role, please send your CV with a covering letter to Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Title
- Multi-Site Manager
- Responsible to
- Regional Manager
- Starting salary
- West London (Chiswick, Brentford and Isleworth)
- Line Manager to
- Duty Managers
Travel between stores. Full UK Drivers licence required.
- Job Purpose
To develop and sustain effective management activities that maximise sales & profit targets within the Store, provide optimum customer service and ensure compliance of all company and legislative procedures and policies.
- Protecting our Staff is our Priority
To ensure staff safety we provide PPE (facemasks, gloves and sanitiser), the reception area is limited to one customer, the desk is protected by a plastic screen and transactions are paperless. In line with Covid restrictions, we have limited the number of staff on site each day, so some working from home will be required. All necessary equipment (including a laptop and headset) is provided.
You will have a proven track record of success, with Multi-Site experience in a face to face customer service environment and/or consultative sales along with a proven track record of improving sales performance via a network of stores/ businesses. You will have plenty of experience of leading and proactively coaching a team to deliver improved performance and will possess excellent communication skills.
Storage experience is not necessary, but people management experience and a record of achieving KPI’s is essential. Candidates who are always looking for new and better ways of doing things are welcomed in this role.
Space Station was founded by Alastair Caldwell in 1983. In 2020 the company was acquired by Heitman LLC (a global real estate investment management firm) with the objective of growing the Space Station brand. We currently have 10 sites across London, Berkshire and Birmingham. We pride ourselves on our core values and always strive to be Friendly, Helpful, Reliable, Trustworthy and Professional in all our interactions, with each other and with our customers. Delivering standards of excellence is our vision at Space Station, and we look after our staff, so they can deliver the best possible experience to our customers.
Space Station embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Store Growth and Development
- Accountable for the development and growth of every aspect of the Store.
- Ensure all revenue and growth targets are achieved.
- Effective control all costs within reasonable jurisdiction.
- Bring a sense of urgency to situations, demonstrate an active approach, be willing to get involved in order to increase the pace and achieve goals and objectives.
- Sell storage space and ensure the customer has all relevant information to make an informed decision, by explaining the features and benefits and price solutions.
- Achieve sales targets by maximising all sales opportunities. This will include responding and following up on customer enquiries, challenging objections, upselling our retail products and closing sales.
- Maintain a high level of customer service by sustaining a service culture where the customer is the priority and Space Station’s values are maintained.
- Resolve customer complaints, address customer concerns and explain company or store policies.
Manage and Train Employees
- Recruit, train, develop and sustain staff to ensure standards are maintained to the highest level at all times.
- Motivate staff to give their best results, praising them when things go well and appraising them of improvements where necessary.
- Provide optimum levels of leadership, if required, encouragement, training and support in order to help others achieve their results and meet their budgets.
Maintenance and Administration
- Ensure effective administration of the store so that company systems, policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure the site is kept to the highest standards, and all maintenance tasks are completed. Work to a high specification in order to improve and maintain quality.
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment for both staff and customers.
- As part of the team, maintain and clean the whole site ensuring excellent standards are kept. Tasks include: cleaning of communal areas and some light maintenance.
- Create and implement effective marketing plans, monitoring and reviewing results at regular intervals.
- To create brand awareness, by promoting the store in the local community. Tasks may include visits to local shops and businesses, networking and organising local events. All employees are encouraged to present their marketing ideas.
- As part of our Corporate Social Responsibility commitment, all Space Station employees are required to spend 1% of their working time (around 2 hours per month) volunteering/raising funds for chosen/local charities. This time is paid.
- Working primarily at the appointed store but will be required to work at any other store to meet business needs.
- Working a day shift pattern to cover the opening hours of the store to include weekend and bank holiday working.
- Usually forty hours per week but whatever hours are required to ensure the smooth running of the Store.
- Starting salary (see salary chart).
- Company van for business use only.
- 30 days holiday, which includes Bank Holidays.
- Great bonus scheme.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Private medical insurance after qualifying period, and subject to eligibility.
- Staff discount on storage and retail products.
- Perkbox – employee ‘free perks’ scheme, which includes discounts on many high street retailers, cinema tickets, and much more.
- Training and development programme.
- Additional benefits after qualifying period, including: a day off and gift for your birthday, Christmas hamper, length of service award and a generous maternity and paternity package.
Please note that this job description is a summary of typical functions of the job, and not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all job responsibilities, tasks and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job.