Work with us
Customer Sales Advisor
Please see the Job Description, Responsibilities and Primary terms below. If you are interested in this role, please send your CV with a covering letter to Sarah at email@example.com.
- Job title
- Customer Sales Advisor
- North London
- Starting salary
- £22,560 (includes London weighting)
- Responsible to
- Duty Manager
Some travel between sites (Cricklewood, Swiss Cottage and St John’s Wood).
Drivers licence desirable but not essential.
- Job purpose
As part of a small team (usually 2-3), sell high-end storage, providing excellent customer service whilst maintaining superb standards.
As a long-established, family-owned company, in the last 30 years our business has grown from strength to strength. Founded by Alastair Caldwell in 1983, we now have 9 sites across London, Berkshire and Birmingham. We pride ourselves on our core values and always strive to be Friendly, Helpful, Reliable, Trustworthy and Professional in all our interactions, with each other and with our customers. Delivering standards of excellence is our vision at Space Station, and we look after our staff, so they can deliver the best possible experience to our customers.
We are looking for a confident team player who has the ability and desire to sell. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills and can provide exceptional customer service. The role requires someone who is organised and can manage their time effectively. A good level of numeracy is also necessary in this role.
The key aspects of the role are converting sales and administration. Candidates who are always looking for new and better ways of doing things are welcomed in this role.
At Space Station, staff are assessed on the following key behavioural statements during their probation period:
1. Achieves sales figures, in line with the Store's expectation.
2. Committed to delivering high standards.
3. Knows when to take initiative and when to ask for support.
4. Checks work to ensure accuracy and completeness.
5. Understands how their role fits into the organisation as a whole.
6. Appears approachable and friendly at all times.
7. Communicates in a way that is easy to understand.
8. Demonstrates a “Can Do” attitude.
9. Treats everyone with dignity and respect.
Sell space (via phone, email and face to face); ensuring the customer has all relevant information to make an informed decision, by explaining the features and benefits and price solutions.
Achieve sales targets by maximising all sales opportunities. This will include responding and following up on customer enquiries, challenging objections, upselling our retail products and closing sales wherever possible.
Provide a high level of customer service at all times ensuring Space Station’s values are maintained.
Reviewing and prioritising the tasks for the day, dealing with new enquiries, completing contracts and debt chasing.
Additional administration required when liaising with our removals contractor, including using the removals calendar.
As part of the team, maintain and clean the whole site, to ensure excellent standards are kept. Tasks include: cleaning of communal areas and some light maintenance.
Create brand awareness, by promoting the store in the local community. Tasks may include visits to local shops and businesses, networking and organising local events. All employees are encouraged to present their marketing ideas.
Reconcile cash, credit card, Direct Debit and BACS payments. Complete petty cash float checks on a daily basis.
Upsell wherever appropriate, for standard retail and hire crates.
As part of our Corporate Social Responsibility commitment, all Space Station employees are required to spend 1% of their working time
(around 2 hours per month) volunteering/raising funds for chosen/local charities. This time is paid.
- 40 hours, working a day shift pattern to cover the opening hours of the store to include some weekend and bank holiday working;
- 30 days holiday, which includes Bank Holidays;
- Great bonus scheme;
- Contributory pension scheme;
- Great bonus scheme;
- Private medical insurance after qualifying period, and subject to eligibility.
- Staff discount on storage and retail products (30% discount on storage and 50% discount on retail packaging);
- Perkbox – employee ‘free perks’ scheme, which includes discounts on many high street retailers, cinema tickets, and much more;
- Training and development programme;
- Additional benefits after qualifying period, including: a day off and gift for your birthday, Christmas hamper, length of service award and a generous maternity and paternity package.