Work with us
Store Manager, Slough
Please see the Job Description, Responsibilities and Primary terms below. If you are interested in this role, please send your CV with a covering letter to Sarah at email@example.com.
- Job Title
- Store Manager
- Responsible to
- Regional Manager
- Full UK drivers licence required
- Job Purpose
To develop and sustain effective management activities that maximise sales & profit targets within the Store, provide optimum customer service and ensure compliance of all company and legislative procedures and policies.
- Protecting our Staff is our Priority
To ensure staff safety we provide PPE (facemasks, gloves and sanitiser), the reception area is limited to one customer, the desk is protected by a plastic screen and transactions are paperless. We have limited the number of staff on site each day, so some working from home will be required. All necessary equipment (including a laptop and headset) is provided.
We are looking for a goal orientated manager with a proven sales track record. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills and can provide exceptional customer service. The role requires someone who is organised and can manage their own and other’s time effectively. A good level of numeracy is also necessary in this role.
Shifts will vary week to week, with a mixture of working on-site and from home. When working on site, staff are required to complete the daily cleaning/maintenance programme. This will include some light lifting, forklifting for customers (training will be provided) and light maintenance. When working from home the focus is on sales and administration; staff must have a suitable working space and broadband connection.
Storage experience is not necessary, but people management experience and a record of achieving KPI’s is essential. The key aspects of the role are converting sales, people management and administration. The biggest challenge is hitting the store targets. Candidates who are always looking for new and better ways of doing things are welcomed in this role.
As a long-established, family-owned company, in the last 37 years our business has grown from strength to strength. Founded by Alastair Caldwell in 1983, we now have 10 sites across London, Berkshire and Birmingham. We pride ourselves on our core values and always strive to be Friendly, Helpful, Reliable, Trustworthy and Professional in all our interactions, with each other and with our customers. Delivering standards of excellence is our vision at Space Station, and we look after our staff, so they can deliver the best possible experience to our customers.
Store Growth and Development
- Accountable for the development and growth of every aspect of the Store.
- Ensure all revenue and growth targets are achieved.
- Effective control all costs within reasonable jurisdiction.
- Bring a sense of urgency to situations, demonstrate an active approach, be willing to get involved in order to increase the pace and achieve goals and objectives.
- Sell storage space and ensure the customer has all relevant information to make an informed decision, by explaining the features and benefits and price solutions.
- Achieve sales targets by maximising all sales opportunities. This will include responding and following up on customer enquiries, challenging objections, upselling our retail products and closing sales.
- Maintain a high level of customer service by sustaining a service culture where the customer is the priority and Space Station’s values are maintained.
- Resolve customer complaints, address customer concerns and explain company or store policies.
Manage and Train Employees
- Recruit, train, develop and sustain staff to ensure standards are maintained to the highest level at all times.
- Motivate staff to give their best results, praising them when things go well and appraising them of improvements where necessary.
- Provide optimum levels of leadership, if required, encouragement, training and support in order to help others achieve their results and meet their budgets.
Maintenance and Administration:
- Ensure effective administration of the store so that company systems, policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure the site is kept to the highest standards, and all maintenance tasks are completed. Work to a high specification in order to improve and maintain quality.
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment for both staff and customers.
- As part of the team, maintain and clean the whole site ensuring excellent standards are kept. Tasks include: cleaning of communal areas and some light maintenance.
- Create and implement effective marketing plans, monitoring and reviewing results at regular intervals.
- To create brand awareness, by promoting the store in the local community. Tasks may include visits to local shops and businesses, networking and organising local events. All employees are encouraged to present their marketing ideas.
- As part of our Corporate Social Responsibility commitment, all Space Station employees are required to spend 1% of their working time (around 2 hours per month) volunteering/raising funds for chosen/local charities. This time is paid.
- Working primarily at the appointed store but will be required to work at any other store to meet business needs.
- Working a day shift pattern to cover the opening hours of the store to include weekend and bank holiday working.
- Usually forty hours per week but whatever hours are required to ensure the smooth running of the Store.
- Starting salary £35,029.
- 30 days holiday, which includes Bank Holidays.
- Great bonus scheme.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Private medical insurance after qualifying period, and subject to eligibility.
- Staff discount on storage and retail products.
- Perkbox – employee ‘free perks’ scheme, which includes discounts on many high street retailers, cinema tickets, and much more.
- Training and development programme.
- Additional benefits after qualifying period, including: a day off and gift for your birthday, Christmas hamper, length of service award and a generous maternity and paternity package.
Please note that this job description is a summary of typical functions of the job, and not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all job responsibilities, tasks and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job.